POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Return to PoVghanistan - smooth HF bug in 3.5? (6 x JPG 800 x 600, 180 KB) : Re: Examples of Afghan mud architecture (was: Re: Return to PoVghanistan ) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 08:24:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Examples of Afghan mud architecture (was: Re: Return to PoVghanistan )
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 12 Aug 2002 16:48:46
Message: <3D582DFC.4C4E6271@tiscalinet.de>
High!

Marc-Hendrik Bremer schrieb:

> First try, far from perfect, but maybe a start. There should probably be
> another displacment function (as Brick_Fun), to get the 'in brick cracks'.
>
> Speaking of the third image you provided:
> My problem is, that I don't understand how they build those walls. Are those
> "features" the actual bricks (quite big ones) or is it some kind of plaster?
> Is the more "traditional" brick wall in the upper right not jet roughcasted,
> or are there simply differend kinds of walls?

Hmm... difficult to say, as I myself never have been to Afghanistan and thus had
no opportunity to witness traditional construction work...

>  [Image]

Afghanissimo!!! Truly stunning! How long did it take you? I've just begun to
learn about isosurfaces from the 3.5 manual, I'm still lightyears away from
really understanding them...

See you in Khyberspace - http://home.arcor.de/yadgar/khyberspace/index-e.html
Afghanistan Chronicle: http://home.arcor.de/yadgar/index-e.htm

Yadgar